ACTIVITIES & FACILITIES
The Pre-Primary Section at BK Block has a student strength of 300+. The square-shaped airy building has a large courtyard equipped with various play apparatus for the children’s physical development and enhancement of motor coordination. In addition, the building also has a large activity room equipped with audio visual system. These are used to facilitate their learning process, whenever needed.
Integral Education is imparted in the Nursery, Kindergarten classes with emphasis on physical education, development of sense and mental faculties of each child in accordance with their individual psychological traits, and moral training using the method of suggestion, instead of command or imposition.
Attention is also paid to late-bloomers as human brains continue to develop at this stage of life.
Primary, Secondary & Higher Secondary Sections
The Miranka Complex, the main school building, at CL Block has large airy classrooms with four state-of-the-art laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer classes. The school has an auditorium on the top floor where indoor activities are organised. It can accommodate 200 persons at any given time.
Students are encouraged to actively participate in various co-curricular activities such as debate, music, dance and drama. As a result, they frequently win prizes in debate, extempore speech, elocution in inter-school contests. A number of students also received accolades for outstanding individual performances in music and sports at the national and international levels. The co-curricular & extra-curricular activities throughout the year provide a platform to the students to showcase their talents. These activities are organized under the banners of four houses, namely Symphony, Aspiration, Invocation and Enterprise. The students are also encouraged and trained to participate in the inter-house sports events like cricket, football, volleyball, badminton etc.
Physical Education is compulsory. All students must participate in the drill & yogic exercises and gymnastics conducted by an expert in each field.
The school celebrates a number of events throughout the year in which both students and teachers participate. These include:
- Rabindra Jayanti on 25th Baisakh, the birthday of the nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
- Sri Aurobindo’s birthday, the Independence Day and the School Foundation Day on 15th August. The pre-primary and the primary sections celebrate the occasion on 14th August.
- Republic Day on 26th January.
- Saraswati Puja
- The Mother’s Birth Anniversary on 21st February. Students and teachers pay their homage to the Mother through songs & dance recitals, as well as readings from the books of the Mother & Sri Aurobindo. In addition, students also organize an exhibition of their writings on the Mother with sketches and pictures, on this day.
- The ‘School Exhibition’ exhibits the creative work of the students.
- The Annual Sports Day is held in December. Colourful and exuberant sporting events of the students captivate the attention of all on this day.
- The Annual Prize Distribution Day - prizes are distributed to students for academic excellence.
The school has authorized transport operators who operate a fleet of buses for the students.
The school has a well-qualified, trained, experienced and dedicated teaching staff with proven record for teaching. The school takes special care for academically weaker students.